What you need to build a telescope
-A large piece of cardboard
-A smaller piece of cardboard
-Magnifying glass or lens (optional)
How to make the telescope tube
1. Cut a large circular piece out of the larger piece of cardboard. This will be the main tube of your telescope.
2. Cut a smaller circle out of the smaller piece of cardboard. This will be the end of your telescope tube (where you look through).
3. Tape the small circle to one end of the large circle to form a tube shape.
4. If you want, you can tape a magnifying glass or lens to the other end of the tube (this will help you see things better).
How to make the eyepiece
1. Cut a small rectangular piece out of the smaller piece of cardboard.
2. Fold this rectangle in half lengthwise, and then tape it together to form a long, thin tube.
3. Tape one end of this tube to the side of the telescope tube (near the end where you look through). This will be your eyepiece.
How to mount the telescope
1. Find a place to mount your telescope where it will be stable and not move around.
2. Tape the other end of the telescope tube (the end opposite the eyepiece) to the chosen surface.
3. You may need to adjust the position of the eyepiece tube in order to get a clear view through the telescope.
4. Once you have everything positioned correctly, your home-made telescope is ready to use! Enjoy exploring the world around you!
How to use your new telescope
1. Find a place where there is not much light around (like at night time).
2. Look through the end of your telescope and find something far away to look at (like a star).
3. Move the telescope around until the object comes into focus.
4. Enjoy your new view!